We are pleased you are considering Olbrich Botanical Gardens as your wedding ceremony site. We have multiple sites to fit your needs. Olbrich Gardens provides a breathtaking setting for your ceremony and reception.
There are up to three time frames to choose from for your ceremony on Tuesdays through Saturdays, or Sunday mornings. No matter which time is selected, your wedding is always the only wedding happening at the Gardens during that time, though other types of events may also be scheduled.
Outdoor weddings (extra option with rental of the Atrium) take place from Memorial Day weekend to September 30 ( May 26 - Sept 30, 2017: May 25 - Sept 29, 2018), depending on the weather. We do not do outdoor weddings starting October 1st. Atrium and Conservatory weddings are available year-round.
For information about wedding ceremonies and receptions, please contact:
Patti Jorenby, Rental Coordinator
A lovely room inside the Botanical Center called
the Atrium is reserved for your ceremony use. The Atrium is an open and airy room that features glass walls and a vaulted glass ceiling framed by oak beams and flagstone walls. It serves as a beautiful indoor wedding site year round. Potted plants draw the outdoors inside. A changing area that is carpeted, climate controlled, secure and complete with a full-length mirror is also held for you on-site. There are washrooms just outside the changing area.
- There are up to three time frames to choose from for weddings
on Tuesdays through Saturdays and Sunday mornings.
- 120 person capacity, including wedding party.
to 11 a.m.
(Sat & Sun only)
latest ceremony time is 10am
12 to 3 p.m.
(Fri & Sat only)
ceremony start time between
12:30 & 2:00pm
to 7 p.m.
(Tues - Sat only)
ceremony start time between
4:30 & 6pm
When renting the Atrium during the summer season (Memorial Day weekend thru Sept 30th), if there is good weather on the day of your wedding ceremony, we will give you the option to move the ceremony to one area outdoors - the Event Garden. The Event Garden is part of our outdoor public garden, so you are not renting it, it is not private and can't be blocked off, but is an option for the ceremony on the day of the wedding. Garden visitors may pass by your wedding ceremony. Olbrich's Event Garden is beautifully landscaped with seasonal annuals and a dark wood pergola.
The tropical Bolz Conservatory is an exotic site for a small,
early evening Wedding ceremony. The weather is always tropical and the setting is always beautiful! Enjoy a private, lush tropical setting, complete with
a waterfall and free-flying birds!
- Weddings are available on Tuesday
through Saturday evenings from 4 to 7 p.m. only. (earliest cermony start time is 4:30pm)
- 30 person capacity,
including wedding party.
- A changing area that is carpeted, climate controlled, secure and complete with a full-length mirror is also held for you on-site. There are washrooms just outside the changing area.
( Event Garden) Wedding
|Friday & Saturday; 12
- 3 p.m. OR 4 - 7 p.m
|Saturday & Sunday 8 - 11
|Monday - Thursday 4 - 7
|Bolz Conservatory Wedding Ceremony Rates
|Monday - Saturday 4 - 7
Cancellation: There are no refunds for the cancellation of a wedding ceremony at Olbrich Gardens unless the reserved space is rented to another individual or group for the same spaces and time period, in which case an 80% refund will be accorded. Please refer to the Wedding Ceremonies brochure for all applicable rules and guidelines related to ceremonies held at Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
NOTE: Wedding Ceremonies are not subject to sales tax. All other rentals subject to 5.5% State/County sales tax according to Dept of Revenue tax guidelines. Wisconsin Department of Revenue Certificate of Exempt Status must be provided if claiming tax exempt status.
2017 Availability Calendar
2018 Availability Calendar
- Please note that Olbrich Botanical Gardens is a public garden. We remain open to the public during your Wedding Ceremony time. There will be no other wedding ceremony scheduled during your reserved time, but other types of events may take place. Wedding ceremony venues may not be used for wedding receptions.
- All activity related to your Wedding Ceremony must occur WITHIN your selected ceremony rental time. This includes access to changing room, musicians set-up, chair set-up and removal, photography and similar activities. Olbrich doesn't provide chairs, tables, podiums, electrical cords and the like. Tents or pop-up canopies may not be set up at Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Lessees may contract for chairs or equipment with a local rental company. Chairs and other equipment may be set up on paths and grassy areas - NEVER in or through planting beds. (NOTE: chairs are NOT allowed in the Bolz Conservatory)
- The use of nails, tacks, screws, tape or the like to fasten materials to walls, doors or from ceiling or arbor is also prohibited. Paper runners may not be placed on the grass. Bubbles are the only acceptable item to "toss". Rice, flower petals, confetti, doves, butterflies, fireworks and balloons may NOT be used. Check with staff regarding acceptable runners or other items you might like to bring.
- For the safety of all visitors, smoking and alcohol is not permitted at the Botanical Gardens except by the licensed alcohol permit holder and with the appropriate rental contract. You are not allowed to carry any food into the facility. Water bottles are allowed.
- Electrical outlets are provided for use at all wedding venue locations. Please ask staff for assistance.
- Your wedding photographs may take place outdoors at Olbrich Botanical Gardens during your rental time, provided that you comply with Olbrich's Photography Guidelines. The Bolz Conservatory is ONLY available by those renting the Conservatory for their wedding ceremony after public hours.
- Lessees agree to be bound by all terms and guidelines of Olbrich's Facility Use Agreement, including it's refund policy.
Photos of spaces
See photos of wedding ceremony and reception spaces
Olbrich's Evjue Commons is a large room featuring a vaulted ceiling and a full glass wall providing beautiful views of the gardens. The Evjue Commons serves as the site for wedding receptions.
The Evjue Commons can accommodate up to 150 people for dining and dancing. All evening events must conclude in time for everything to be cleaned up no later than 11:00 p.m. Food service is available through local caterers that are contracted to provide food service at Olbrich Gardens. Please see the Approved Caterers section. You contract directly with the caterer of your choice from this list. Bar service is available upon request through Blue Plate Catering.
Commons Wedding Reception Rates
|Friday & Saturday
5 - 11 p.m.
||$700 + tax
$730 + tax
|Saturday 8 - 5 p.m.
||$535 + tax
$535 + tax
|*Surcharge to rent Commons as early as 12
||$150 + tax
$160 + tax
Evjue Commons Setup Sheet
The Evjue Commons is a large meeting room featuring a vaulted ceiling and a full glass wall providing beautiful views of the gardens. Your guests are welcome to walk in the outdoor gardens during public garden hours, but all items related to event (food, drink, music, etc...) stay in the indoor space.