Cashier for Special Events
Limited Term Temporary Staff Position
Spring Show Cashier
March 8 - 23, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Blooming Butterflies Cashier
July 16 - August 10, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Holiday Show Cashier
December 6 - 31, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
(closes at 2 p.m. Dec. 24 /closed all day Dec. 25)
Apply by: February 24, 2014
Hours: To be determined for each cashier
Position does not offer health insurance, investment options, or paid personal time.
Number available: 2 cashiers for each event/exhibit
Olbrich Botanical Gardens is home to 16 acres of outdoor display gardens and a 10,000 square foot tropical conservatory. The outdoor gardens include 10 unique specialty gardens and received the 2005 National Award for Garden Excellence. Indoors, the tropical Bolz Conservatory exhibits an extraordinary collection of exotic plants and orchids complemented by colorful birds and koi. Olbrich is committed to a culture of sustainability and education so that everyone - including future generations - can experience and learn about the fascinating world of plants and gardens.
Olbrich's Spring Show, Blooming Butterflies and the Holiday Express are based on mission-related principles, excellent execution, a fascinating topic, healthy net proceeds, and outstanding community support. Visitors include families of all ages, day cares, summer camps, bus tours, and school, senior, and church groups. All three events/exhibit grow funds for the Gardens through sponsorships and ticket sales.
The temporary special events cashier is responsible for processing visitors' ticket purchases to Olbrich's Spring Show, Blooming Butterflies and the Holiday Express show. The temporary special events cashier provides general event information and processes event ticket purchases with cash, checks or credit cards. Applicants must be friendly, out-going and able to project their voice. This is an indoor position that involves constant interaction with the general public. Training is provided.
- Welcome visitors to the exhibit and provides general event information.
- Process event ticket purchases using the GiftLogic point of sale computer system.
- Stamp visitors' hands to acknowledge payment has been made.
- Promote respectful and responsible enjoyment of the exhibits.
- Enthusiasm for working with the public and able to provide a welcoming demeanor.
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience preferred.
- Ability to use a computer (keyboard/mouse), bar code scanner, receipt printer and credit card swipe.
- Ability to project voice over crowds in Olbrich's lobby with clear and friendly tone.
- Ability to engage visitors of all ages.
- Ability to attend all shifts as scheduled prior to event/exhibit.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with volunteers and staff.
- Ability to dress appropriately - dress slacks, shorts, or skirt with a collared shirt.
Send application by February 24 to:
Missy Jeanne, Special Events Coordinator
Olbrich Botanical Society
3330 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
or e-mail to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
*If you do not already have the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software, you can download it by clicking on the icon.